Couple dies after hanging laundry on electric wire.

Couple dies after hanging laundry on electric wire.

An Eastern Cape couple were electrocuted and died, after they were hanging laundry on an illegal electrical wire, connected to a municipal electrical pole. File picture: Bheki Radebe African News Agency (ANA)

Couple dies after hanging laundry on electric wire.

Sad one, but who thought it was normal to do that. Perhaps they did not know that it will electricute them .

Police have opened inquest dockets, following the death of an Eastern Cape couple, who died from electrocution, as a result of an illegal electrical connection.

It is alleged that on Monday, just before 4pm, Lingomso Cose, 30, and her husband Mphajamise Cose, 34, were hanging out laundry at their Mduma Street home, in Soweto on Sea, when neighbours heard a scream.

Provincial police spokesperson Captain Gerda Swart said it is alleged that the laundry was hung on wire that was illegally connected to a municipal electrical pole.

“Police are urging residents to refrain from illegally connecting electricity, as this can have fatal consequences. Loose electrical wires or cables must not be interfered with, instead, the necessary authorities must be contacted to attend to the loose live wire,” Swart added.

Source credit: https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/eastern-cape/couple-dies-after-hanging-laundry-on-electric-wire-f0e2e842-88f6-44ed-85b3-4b0ee45c4e38?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1638290135

Content created and supplied by: Tishimu (via Opera News )

Comments are closed.